Does every need for change feel like it comes from a cluster f**k?
Recently I was taking inventory of how I start and end my day and it was everything but poetic. Mornings were sleepy and frazzled with a lack of organization- ugh what a horrible way to set-up your day.
Night time wasn’t much better. It was basically watch Netflix until I couldn’t keep my eyes open. So, I decided I needed a change and to take back the beginnings and endings to my days because there is so much value and treasure in those moments.
I did a revamp and so far it makes me so much more grounded in my day and soothed at night. Almost like I’ve got something figured out, lol.
- I started waking up earlier 6-6:15 AM. I am the WORST morning person. I’m not chatty and I really like to be alone, such a treat for my fiance! But when I wake up earlier I have a relaxed amount of time to get what I want and need done with no anxiety.
- I get a huge glass of room temperature water (better for digestion) and mix in my Glow powder from The Beauty Chef (it’s my fave!) with a pinch of salt which you body likes and needs, it’s a good mineral. If I have a lemon already cut I’ll add a squeeze, but I’m not trying to exude too much effort; I just woke up! I use to start with coffee as the first thing I drank in the morning, but I clued in. Our bodies have fasted without food and water for 8 hours while we were sleeping. So I start with water to hydrate and to rev up digestion. Coffee is probably the worst because it’s so dehydrating.
- I get back in bed and meditate. I know it’s not proper meditation form, but I like to make things my own, laying down feels good, so I get comfy. I love meditating in the morning. I use the app Insight Timer and there are tens of thousands of options and you can break is out by category or amount of time. It rocks!
- I listen to a podcast while I get ready and get motivated or laugh. There are so many that I love so this is a perfect time to squeeze in listening and I can get to all my faves.
- I head downstairs and make sure I’ve packed up my supplements I want for the day and grab breakfast and of course coffee on the road. I live for cold brew and very specifically Chameleon Cold Brew. It’s bad; if I run out I’m definitely making a special stop to Whole Foods for it or my morning just feels off.
- We like to be in bed pretty early. It’s normal we’re in bed by 9:30. Which I enjoy now so that I have enough time to unwind.
- CBD oil! I didn’t know how much I would love my CBD oil. I thought okay there is no way an oil can destress you like that! But it does, woohoo! I put a few drops under my tongue at night and it’s quite nice. I got mine in San Francisco, it does have an 18:1 THC. So, try to get yourself to California.
- Palo Santo spray! I just started using this more at night; before I was cleansing more during the day. It’s an energy clearing mist. I like it because no matter what happened throughout my day I can go to sleep and start over again cleansed and fresh.
- I got an essential oil diffuser for my night stand and I love it. I use lavender and its dreamy.
- I meditate again. I really like using headphones so I can more so take myself out of my body. I like hearing what my higher self or my angels really want me to know. 🙂
- Reading. This really helps me shift off. I am a book hoe. I have to have them all! Then I feel guilty when they don’t get to read fast enough, so this is my favorite time to read.
- If I had a day, a day! You know what I’m talking about. I watch either Friends, The Office, or Parks and Rec. Always just those three, humor only. And I let myself watch two episodes and I’m done. I keep it light and these kinds of days its all I need.
- Some nights I turn on ocean wave sounds on Insight Timer and help myself drift off to sleep.
Things I want to add:
- Journaling- right now I journal at random times and I feel like it should be more concrete.
- Rolling out- As a big Goop follower I am here for the rolling workouts. I read if you add 10 minutes a day you can roll away fat and bloat.
I am dying to know what your rituals are. I need them all! I love a good ritual.