Have you been in one of those emotional places or you’re spiraling a bit and you thought I need a freaking mood change/a vibrational pick me up! Something to snatch me back.
I use to, until recently, find every possible distraction for any emotion that was having an effect on me. I could not sit in an emotion and let my own mind be free. I didn’t want to take myself down a rabbit hole of feelings. That’s painful; lets avoid it.
But, the saying “nothing worth having, comes easy;” it applies here. I had to love myself through my F ups. And that is the real definition of self-love.
The best option on this menu is to feel your way through it.
There is so much magic in honesty.
And then you’re free.
New energy needs room to come in.
I was inspired to make this self-love menu from Amber Lee, The Chakra Girl (she has an amazing podcast). They are hybrids of pausing in your emotions + raising the vibe. You can cook//try new recipes (without the TV on) and be able to communicate within yourself. You can sit at Drybar and do your best thinking. And bonus it feels so good when someone else drys your hair for you, right? (Bonus, good hair for like a week #teamdryshampoo)
I put together 3 levels of self care into a ready to go menu. Are you just chilling at a casual code white or you’re at code red and this shit needs attention?
A gal has to have options. Here they are: DWD Self Love Menu
I hope this keeps you living your most intentional self-loving life. Because we all deserve a damn good one.
Does every need for change feel like it comes from a cluster f**k?
Recently I was taking inventory of how I start and end my day and it was everything but poetic. Mornings were sleepy and frazzled with a lack of organization- ugh what a horrible way to set-up your day.
Night time wasn’t much better. It was basically watch Netflix until I couldn’t keep my eyes open. So, I decided I needed a change and to take back the beginnings and endings to my days because there is so much value and treasure in those moments.
I did a revamp and so far it makes me so much more grounded in my day and soothed at night. Almost like I’ve got something figured out, lol.
- I started waking up earlier 6-6:15 AM. I am the WORST morning person. I’m not chatty and I really like to be alone, such a treat for my fiance! But when I wake up earlier I have a relaxed amount of time to get what I want and need done with no anxiety.
- I get a huge glass of room temperature water (better for digestion) and mix in my Glow powder from The Beauty Chef (it’s my fave!) with a pinch of salt which you body likes and needs, it’s a good mineral. If I have a lemon already cut I’ll add a squeeze, but I’m not trying to exude too much effort; I just woke up! I use to start with coffee as the first thing I drank in the morning, but I clued in. Our bodies have fasted without food and water for 8 hours while we were sleeping. So I start with water to hydrate and to rev up digestion. Coffee is probably the worst because it’s so dehydrating.
- I get back in bed and meditate. I know it’s not proper meditation form, but I like to make things my own, laying down feels good, so I get comfy. I love meditating in the morning. I use the app Insight Timer and there are tens of thousands of options and you can break is out by category or amount of time. It rocks!
- I listen to a podcast while I get ready and get motivated or laugh. There are so many that I love so this is a perfect time to squeeze in listening and I can get to all my faves.
- I head downstairs and make sure I’ve packed up my supplements I want for the day and grab breakfast and of course coffee on the road. I live for cold brew and very specifically Chameleon Cold Brew. It’s bad; if I run out I’m definitely making a special stop to Whole Foods for it or my morning just feels off.
- We like to be in bed pretty early. It’s normal we’re in bed by 9:30. Which I enjoy now so that I have enough time to unwind.
- CBD oil! I didn’t know how much I would love my CBD oil. I thought okay there is no way an oil can destress you like that! But it does, woohoo! I put a few drops under my tongue at night and it’s quite nice. I got mine in San Francisco, it does have an 18:1 THC. So, try to get yourself to California.
- Palo Santo spray! I just started using this more at night; before I was cleansing more during the day. It’s an energy clearing mist. I like it because no matter what happened throughout my day I can go to sleep and start over again cleansed and fresh.
- I got an essential oil diffuser for my night stand and I love it. I use lavender and its dreamy.
- I meditate again. I really like using headphones so I can more so take myself out of my body. I like hearing what my higher self or my angels really want me to know. 🙂
- Reading. This really helps me shift off. I am a book hoe. I have to have them all! Then I feel guilty when they don’t get to read fast enough, so this is my favorite time to read.
- If I had a day, a day! You know what I’m talking about. I watch either Friends, The Office, or Parks and Rec. Always just those three, humor only. And I let myself watch two episodes and I’m done. I keep it light and these kinds of days its all I need.
- Some nights I turn on ocean wave sounds on Insight Timer and help myself drift off to sleep.
Things I want to add:
- Journaling- right now I journal at random times and I feel like it should be more concrete.
- Rolling out- As a big Goop follower I am here for the rolling workouts. I read if you add 10 minutes a day you can roll away fat and bloat.
I am dying to know what your rituals are. I need them all! I love a good ritual.