I love Goop so much. I would more times than not follow everything they say to do #groupie. I’m sounding a little scientology-ish. But, In Gwyneth We Trust, right?
Okay as much as I love Goop, I have a few edits to their new Dallas guide. I know they’ll halt the press after reading this, but there’s a couple gems I’m going to help them with. Goop, you can call me any time!
Here are my notes (wellness stuff only- I didn’t cover Shop or Stay)!
Activities and Culture:
Well I’m not a big activities chick so this list looks nice and I learned about a few places I didn’t know about. DWD adds:
White Rock Lake- there’s a lot of nature (for Dallas standards). I’ve paddle boarded on the lake; you could picnic; the Arboretum has fun concerts.
Oak Cliff Nature Preserve Trail- I haven’t done this trail yet, but it’s on my list of outdoorsy things to do (gotta get that Vitamin D).
I definitely have some add ons! But, to be fair there’s a lot of restaurants to cover.
Highlights: Grange Hall, Gemma, Le Bilboquet, Orgin, Sachet, Shinsei
DWD add ons:
- Neighborhood Sevices
- Tei Tei
- R&D/Hillstone/Honor Bar (I know this is not exclusive to Dallas, but it’s really good)
- Montlake Cut
- T Room
- Tribal- I almost don’t want to share the secret that is Tribal; it’s so good and refreshing to have in Dallas.
I didn’t really dig the drink list, but I’m also not hanging out in them like I once was (kids will change you!). DWD add ons: Javiers (good patio), The Mansion (good ambiance and live music), Lounge 31, Monkey Bar. I mostly go for places where I can hear and quality. This is probably a lot like a list my parents would make, but what are you going to do? If I’m going to be out with the potential for a little headache the next day I need to hear, I need to laugh, I need good conversation, and a good something in my glass. The true fundamentals of life lol.
Okay I have some good ones to add:
- Brewed and Pressed- amazing wellness coffees, tonics, eats, and their own line of wellness powders and products, think He Shou Wu and Ashwagandha
- The Greenway Shop- non-toxic beauty and wellness shop on Lovers, adorable
- Bar and Garden- not your traditional spirit + wine store, everything they carry is free of artificial color, flavor and or preservative
- Roots Pressed Juices- just all things healthy living
- Juice Land- amazing smoothies with top add-ins
- Burgundy’s Local- 100% grass-fed beef store
- Ascension Coffee- I flock for their avocado toast
Beauty & Wellness:
This was good! I love PilatesBarre, I’m glad that was on there, I think it’s my new favorite Pilates studio. Here’s a few more:
- Class Studios- spin and training classes. This space is beautiful and I love the owner, Jasmine. I highly recommend taking her classes. She was the instructor of the very first spin class I took!
- Misaotra Beauty Sanctuary- heavenly holisitc facials and treatments, check out my post under Beauty
- Balancing Energy- they have it all: yoga, guided meditation, IR sauna
- Mohler Recovery- float therapy, cryo and ozone therapy. I went in for the ozone therapy and had the best experience. I sat in their massage chair first and then sweat it all out in the little ozone pod while I watched Netflix
Let me know what else I mistakenly forgot!